READ ALL ABOUT IT!

*****Hey there, thanks for visiting! There's still plenty to see here but my home on the web HAS MOVED. CHECK OUT THE NEW DIGS AT:http://steveprobst.bandzoogle.com/home ******

Friday, September 27, 2013

Writing Exercise - Tinkling eye rolling, hanging sarcasm, etc

1. List 5 interesting adjectives
2. Find interesting noun to make a "breathtaking collision" ie: interesting metaphor
(Writing Better Lyrics - Pat Pattison)

Okay, I can do this...

1. Grating >> Feather

Her presence to him was like a grating feather to a person that hates to be tickled.

2.  Walking >> Picture frame

He gazed on the photo in the dark brown wooden border surrounding it that practically became a walking picture frame leading him by the hand down memory lane.

3. Splashing >> laughter

She bounced into the room, her vibrant sense of humor and splashing laughter turning every head and washing over every stodgy heart.

4. Tinkling >> Eye rolling

Her tinkling eye rolling sent chimes of disapproval to his sensitive, listening heart.

5. Lifted >> Wedding

The lifted wedding rose to new dazzling emotional heights as they exchanged vows in their new American language.

6.  Hanging >> Sarcasm. (Okay, so I did six)

Hanging sarcasm adorned his every un-festive word.

My first attempt at hanging/friendship turn into a verb. Try again! Still I liked what I wrote for it....

They each boarded their respective flights and left their friendship hanging like an old familiar snugly coat, knowing they could pick it up again on a moments notice.




Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

.

Search Steve's Blog